Emu Oil for Acne – The Little Gift from A Colossal Flightless Birds
Until now I knew about Emu oil for acne treatment. I must be behind. Oh my God! My knowledge on skin care can’t hold a candle to Aboriginal of Australia.
Have you ever tried many methods from traditional options to the latest ones to decline the acne as well as blurring the scars on your face? But it doesn’t work, or it just works for a while. If you now have a new method which is a natural remedy and can treat a myriad of skin ailments, especially reduce acne and help fade the appearance of scars on the face, would you like to try? Yes, it’s emu oil, the best treatment for acne and acne scars with mixed results.
Firstly, I will help you to answer the question what exactly emu oil is and why is it called the best treatment for acne and acne scars.
What is emu oil?
Emu oil is the oil that is extracted from the fat in the back of the emu, an Australian flightless bird related to the ostrich.
The Aboriginal of Australia has used emu oil for a variety of medical and skin ailments such as moisturizing, killing bacteria, reducing pain and inflammation, treating rashes and even burning to sore muscles.
Today, emu oil is popularly used for treating skin ailments like helping healthy looking skin, soothing and rejuvenating sun-damaged skin, especially treating acne and scars on the face.
Ingredients of emu oil
Comparison of Emu Oil and Human Skin
|Fatty Acid||Emu Oil||Human Skin|
Benefits of emu oil for acne
Why should I put a table of the comparison between emu oil and human skin? It’s to explain the benefits of emu oil in a convincing way.
As you can see on the table, the emu oil and human skin are almost identical in fatty acid levels. This helps our skin absorb the oil very quickly with minimal chance for allergic reactions. Also, thanks to the high fatty acids and bio-nutrients, it’s able to supplement your body with the vitamins, proteins, antioxidants, minerals, and compounds.
And below are some recognized benefits of emu oil, the best treatment for acne.
- Reduces pain and inflammation of acne: Linoleic Acid in emu oil helps fight inflammation and promotes wound healing. Also, it helps eliminate the acne, fade the appearance of rashes, and reduce sore pimples.
- Not cause allergic reactions to sensitive skin: Because of similar ingredients in fatty acid levels, emu oil will not cause any allergic reactions to even the most sensitive skin. Therefore, acne skin will be not worse in any case.
- Not cause clog pores and absorbs deeply: Oleic Acid helps absorb fatty acids nutrients quite easily to your skin, then, helps moisturize and soften your skin.
- Fade the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines: Palmitic Acid in emu oil is a good sign for aging skin, and helps reduce dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, stretch marks, and wrinkle prevention.
- Bacteriostatic: compounds in emu oil does not promote the growth of bacteria. This helps mild to advanced stages of acne, control and alleviate acne.
- Other benefits of vitamin E and other ingredients in emu oil help your skin healthy and then, acne will reduce.
How to use emu oil for acne
If you already know the benefits of emu oil, why don’t you apply it for now? Emu is non-allergic, you may try it now to feel the difference on your skin. Using emu oil is so easy, just carry out 4 simple steps below.
- Use hair elastics to tie your hair and make sure that your hair will not shake down on your face.
- Wash your face carefully.
- Use a clean towel to dry your skin gently and make sure that you do not to rub your skin.
- Use one or two drops of emu oil onto a clean cotton pad, and massage your acne. Replace the new cotton pad for the next use. Do this in the morning and before going to bed every day.
Does emu oil work for acne scars?
Emu oil helps fade acne scars only. To other types of scars, emu oil reduces the coloring of scars during the stage of healing because it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent to combat the redness.
The natural compounds in emu oil, especially fatty acids, can treat visible acne scars. Emu oil is a trans-dermal oil which can penetrate into the skin quite deeply, moisturize the skin and reduce inflammation. This process prevents the growth of acne scars.
How to apply emu oil for pitted acne scars
Emu oil is very simple to use and only requires one or two drops to be massaged into the acne scar issues two or three times a day. You just need to wash your face thoroughly, dry your skin with a clean towel, then, put one or two drops of emu oil on the scars. Massage for some minutes.
Emu oil is the best treatment for acne and acne scars. Are you convinced to try the emu oil for the first time, yet? If you have already tried emu oil for times, tell others its benefits that you have gained. If you have any question about emu oil for acne or acne scars, please leave a comment below to let me know. I’m so happy to answer your question.