How to make blackhead mask with potatoes at home?
Have you been seeking for the perfect blackhead mask? Worry no more. The answer is closer than you think. Actually, it is in your kitchen or grows in your backyard. You can see here for what you can do to care your skin at home.
By now, you are sitting on the edge and wondering what this is all about. In essence, it is about a perfect skin care companion you have always ignored: potatoes.What comes in your mind when someone mentions potatoes? A blackhead mask? Definitely, No. Most likely, you associate it with French fries and greasy chips. While these two fast foods are not likely to do your body any favor, raw potatoes can do your skin a lot of good. How? By helping you to wipe off blackheads and leave your skin glowing. And you no longer need those fancy treatments at the salon to clear up your acne. Potatoes are here to rescue you.
Why are potatoes such an effective blackhead mask?
Unknown to most people, potatoes contain catecholase, an enzyme that is excellent for resolving skin problems including acne, blemishes and dark marks.It is present in the freshly squeezed potato juice.
They also contain Sulphur, potassium, vitamins and other essential minerals that are good for your skin.
Here is the full list of the nutrients found in humble potatoes that make this vegetable such an ideal blackhead mask.
- Potassium: Contain moisturizing and hydrating properties which help in resolving dry itchy skin.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps to combat premature aging by fighting off free radicals that cause wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin B6: This is necessary for regenerating skin cells. It also helps in hydrating the skin and keeping it healthy.
- Calcium: Helps in healing dry skin
- Vitamin C: This is one of the major nutrients in potatoes. Vitamin C increases the production of collagen, assists in maintaining skin firmness, strength, and elasticity. It is also known to promote a youthful skin and shield the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
And How to make the perfect blackhead mask using potatoes at home?
- 1 medium-sized potato
- Large bowl
- Fork or spoon
- Cut one medium-sized potato into 2 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Grate the raw potato into a thick pulp and transfer the pulp to a large bowl.
- Mash the potato pulp with a spoon or fork until it attains consistent thickness.
- Put a piece of clean gauze to the area of the skin you want to treat and apply the pulp over the gauze.
- Allow the pulp to stay in place for about 10 minutes and wash if off with warm water. Blot out the moisture on the skin with a clean towel.
Full benefits of a potato blackhead mask include:
- Eradicating toxins and bacteria on the skin
- Removing dead skin cells
- Getting rid of dark circles around the eye
- Treating under-the-eye bags
- Removing black spots and blemishes on the skin
- Cleaning and brightening the skin
Apart from potatoes other ingredients you use to make a blackhead mask at home include:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon contains antibacterial and aromatic properties that are handy for removing blackheads.
- Honey: Honey contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties. This helps get destroy germs, remove blackheads and declog your pores.
- Great tea: Green tea is packed with antioxidants and vitamins which help in reducing inflammation and excess oil making it ideal as a blackhead mask.
- Oatmeal: This is more than just a great breakfast cereal it is also rich in nutrients to help get rid of blackheads.
- Lemon juice: Lemon contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) handy compounds that remove dead skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice with many medicinal properties including anti-inflammation and antioxidant capabilities. To avoid skin staining, it is advisable to use the non-edible variety known as Kasturi turmeric.
- Egg whites: Egg whites are full of protein and albumin. These two are highly effective in promoting wrinkle-free skin and toning.
You have to be rare not to love potatoes. They are the most popular vegetables around the world due to their wide variety of usage in cooking. You can bake them, steam them or boil them and still come up with a tasty dish. But when you throw in the ability to make a great blackhead mask, it makes potatoes excellent and handy vegetables to have around.
Ultimately, it is surprising that an ordinary vegetable used daily as a food product is also an effective blackhead mask. It is also fascinating that a vegetable that has been around for years contain essential mineral such as sulfur, potassium, vitamins and phosphorus as well as antioxidants that are perfect for your skin.